Capture both hearty and sweet flavors in this enticing zucchini oat chocolate chunk muffin. Colorful dashes of zucchini accent the earthy, nutty base of the oat muffin, while chocolate chunks transform this savory treat into a discreet dessert.
1 cup Coach’s Oats®
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 cups zucchini, grated
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare muffin tins with cooking spray or liners.
3. In large bowl mix oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. In separate bowl mix eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
5. Thoroughly combine dry and wet ingredients, then stir in chocolate chunks.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden.
8. Transfer to rack and cool before serving.
Test to see if muffins are cooked by inserting toothpick into muffin; toothpick should come out clean.
If you liked this muffin recipe, you may like our