Welcome to POM Recipe Battles where POM Wonderful goes whisk to whisk with other healthful food companies to see who can develop the best recipe. Each company chooses one blogger to create a unique recipe using POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and a signature ingredient made by the competing company. This week, POM heads into battle with Coach’s Oats, 100% Whole Grain Oatmeal.
The recipe with the most votes wins. The winning company will be given the title of POM Wonderful Recipe Battle Champion and be awarded a badge for their website. The blogger who’s recipe wins will be awarded a POM Wonderful-Coach’s Oats Gift Basket filled with products from both companies as well as a POM Wonderful Recipe Battle Badge for their blog.
Deb Schroeder of ChattyGal.com will be representing POM Wonderful
Brooke McLay of CheekyKitchen.com will be representing Coach’s Oats
Let the battle begin and may the best blogger win!
Peach Pomegranate Crisp with Coach’s Oats
Coach’s Oats Crumble with Sour Cherry POM Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, Coach's Oats, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and spices.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and stir to coat.
- Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x9" square pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine POM juice, cherries, vanilla, cornstarch and remaining brown sugar.
- Stir together over medium-high heat, just until thickened.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Spread remaining crumble topping over sour cherry mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream for a truly decadent treat.
Looking for more great recipes? Check out:
Quick Bread with Raspberry POM Glaze
Leave a Reply