Mix up your oatmeal routine by preparing these protein-packed pancakes. The oatmeal, egg, peanut butter, flax, milk and almond milk all contribute to the protein-rich content. Lightly sweetened and perfectly moist, the pancakes have a subtle peanut butter flavor that makes them equally enjoyable served plain as garnished with your favorite toppings.
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup almond milk
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup Coach’s Oats®
1 tsp flax, ground
1. Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl combine egg, butter, maple syrup, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
3. Add milk and almond milk and combine.
4. Add flour, oats and flax and combine. Batter will be thick.
5. Prepare griddle with oil.
6. Spoon small scoops of batter on griddle and smooth in circular motion to smooth batter flat.
7. Cook until batter stops bubbling and edges are golden.
8. Flip and cook for another minute. You can peak to see if bottom is a light golden color.
9. Serve warm.