If you ever get tired of eating oatmeal for breakfast (not like that actually happens), there are always ways to mix up your morning meal and still include whole grain oats. One delicious way is to make an oatmeal pancake. Add fresh or frozen fruit to the mix (optional) and top it with peanut butter, more fruit or maple syrup. The pancake is so easy to make you’ll be eating pancakes even in the middle of the week.
• Sprinkle of cinnamon (to your liking)
• Capful of vanilla extract
• ½ tsp. of pure maple syrup or honey
• 1 egg
• Handful of blueberries (or fruit of your choice) *optional
• Additional maple syrup for toppingCombine oats, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, egg and blueberries in a small bowl. Pour pancake batter onto lightly greased pan or griddle on medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on outside. Top with maple syrup or topping of your choice. Makes 1 large pancake.
What are your favorite “non-oatmeal” whole grain breakfasts?
Want more easy breakfast recipes? Check out: