To many Americans, Super Bowl Sunday means football, snacks and funny commercials. However, at Coach’s Oats, Super Bowl Sunday can mean many things. Here is a list of “super” foods that can be combined with our oatmeal to make the perfect “Super Bowl” and start your Sunday in an oat-standing manner.
• Sweet Potatoes: Try this vitamin A-packed spud for more than just dinner. This orange veggie not only adds fiber and lycopene (a type of beta carotene) to your dish, it also adds unbeatable flavor.
• Walnuts: A delicious nut full of the “good” monosaturated fats. Walnuts also contain omega – 3s and fiber.
• Honey: A long-known remedy to treat wounds and ease your throat, honey also acts as an antioxidant to fight against free-radicals. The darker the honey, the better it is. See our “Oh Honey” post for more honey tips.
• Greek Yogurt: Get your protein and calcium in a one-stop shop. Not only will the protein help keep you full, the probiotics and cultures in the yogurt have added benefits to aide your digestion.
• Oranges: Along with vitamin C, oranges can also help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. A bonus: the benefits of orange juice and oatmeal are doubled when eaten together. See “Winning Oatmeal Combinations”.
Check out my site for my top 10 Oatmeal recipes! I'm addicted and love my oats. 🙂 http://wp.me/pXbLs-92