We all know that berries go perfectly with oatmeal and are great to have on hand. Summer is the perfect season to purchase fresh berries and mix them into your morning breakfast, but what about when berries aren’t in peak season?
Hannah from Honey and Jam (baking and photography blog) has a few tips to freeze fresh berries. This way you can add the delicious, sweet flavors any time of year. See Hannah’s tips below:
1. Wash and dry the berries thoroughly.
2. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet.*
3. Freeze for about 2 hours.
4. Remove from freezer, place in Ziploc bags.
5. Put them back in the freezer.
6. Enjoy a taste of summer even in the dead of winter!
*Freezing them on the cookie sheet is the most important part, so you don’t have big clumps of berries in your freezer. You can remove the amount you want to use without having to defrost the whole bag!
Do you have any tips or tricks for storing berries?
Leave a Reply