It’s officially autumn on the calendar and it’s time to officially “fall” in love with pumpkin recipes. We have another Ambitious Kitchen and Coach’s Oats recipe to bring you.
We are sure you remember the Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Coach’s Power Flax Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffins.
Here is another scrumptious recipe that will cozy up those cooler mornings. And don’t worry; you won’t find any whacky PSL recipes from Monique. She doesn’t crave any of those crazy creations.
See original post here.
“Wanna know what I do crave in the fall though? The regular stuff. A slice of homemade warm spiced pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, fluffy pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust or if I’m lucky, pumpkin butter (usually from Trader’ Joes) slathered on my toast in the morning. And now these VEGAN maple pecan pumpkin oatmeal scones with a little pecan butter glaze.
So get ready for a cozy week ahead, with pumpkin scones and a big cup of coffee. We’re ready to start fall the right way (without the weird pumpkin Pringles).
“These scones are also naturally sweetened with maple syrup and a hint of molasses (trust me it makes an amazing difference).
“After the scones bake, they are topped with a pecan butter glaze (only if you’d like).”
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Add in butter pieces and pulse a few times until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture along with Coach’s Oats. Stir until just moist, the dough will be very soft.
- Place dough on the prepared baking sheet. Pat the dough into an 8” circle using floured hands. Cut into 8 triangles, but don’t cut all the way through the dough. Add 3 raw pecans to each scone triangle. Bake 20 -25 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Once scones are done baking, prepare the glaze: Add pecan butter, maple syrup, salt and warm water to a small bowl. Mix together until smooth and creamy, like a glaze. Drizzle over the scones and enjoy. Serves 8.
Need more baking recipes to try with Coach’s Oats? Try these recipes below:
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Leave a Reply