Leprechauns, four-leaf clovers and Irish spirit will be widespread this St. Patrick’s Day. Bake up a batch of these treats and you’ll discover a delicious surprise inside. With any luck you’ll enjoy the cupcakes as much as we did.
¼ cup Coach’s Oats®
½ cup non-fat milk
¾ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup sugar
3 Tbsp. butter
⅓ cup applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
6 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring milk to a simmer in small pot. Add oats to milk and bring to a boil. Immediately, remove from heat and pour into small bowl and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add applesauce, vanilla and egg and mix well. Add in flour and oats to sugar mixture.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the cups about three-quarters full. Insert baking square into center of each cupcake (about half way) and cover with batter if necessary. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Makes half a dozen cupcakes.
- *Optional: top cupcakes with dusted powder sugar and gold sprinkles or chocolate frosting and nuts.
Copyright © Coach's Oats, Inc.
Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking says
Oh wow these look so delicious!! So glad I found your blog!
Coach's Oats says
Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂 The cupcakes are delicous and so versatile!