If you are craving a treat, but want to stick to healthy ingredients, this recipe is for you. These muffins are naturally flavorful from applesauce, bananas and carrots. With a touch of sweetness from maple syrup and brown sugar, these can be enjoyed any time as a breakfast muffin, afternoon snack or a healthy dessert.
1/3 cup banana, mashed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk (we used 2%)
1 cup carrots, grated
2/3 cup Coach’s Oats®
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In large bowl combine eggs, banana, maple syrup and olive oil.
3. Add applesauce, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, milk and combine.
4. Add carrots, Coach’s Oats and flour. Stir to combine.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Fill tins to top.
6. Bake 28 to 32 minutes. Muffins will be a deep golden brown.
7. Test with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
8. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.