Dinner is not the only meal for entertaining. Breakfast is a great and budget friendly way to entertain, especially with the all the holiday parties on the way. Try adding Coach’s Oats to your next A.M. get-together. Oatmeal is a warm and comforting addition to any morning menu. Simply have the oatmeal ready to serve and set out a topping bar along side: anything from brown sugar, milk, seasonal berries, nuts, etc. Here are simple instructions for cooking Coach’s Oats in a rice cooker to make your entertaining even easier:
*Cooking Ratio 1 part Coach’s Oats to 3 parts water.*
For 3 cups water add 1 cup oats; yields 3+ cups Coach’s Oats
For 6 cups water add 2 cups oats; yields 6+ cups Coach’s Oats
1. Add Coach’s Oats into Rice Cooker
2. Add Water
3. Turn Rice Cooker to “Cook”
4. For 3+ cups Coach’s Oats, simmer on “cook” for 12-14 minutes
For 6+ cups Coach’s Oats simmer on “cook” for 21-23 minutes
5. When finished, the oatmeal should still have a small amount of water left on top. This water will eventually be absorbed.
6. Turn rice cooker to “warm” setting. This is important in order to maintain the steel cut texture.
7. When appropriate, stir Coach’s Oats to keep even consistency
8. Keep lid on when not serving (also important to keep texture)
We love hearing feedback from our fans. What other foods work best for your morning get-togethers?