Did you know that Wednesday was National Banana Split day? That just sounded too good to not celebrate, because, boy, it’s sure been hot lately. So, Coach’s Oats wanted to celebrate as well and include our oats. Cool off from the heat with this fun, refreshing treat. It’s also perfect for when the kids come in from monkeying around outside or arrive home from school. Treat them with this sweet summer snack.
(Recipe below can be adjusted to make as many or as few as you would like.)
3 small to medium bananas
1 bar of Nestle Dark Chocolate Squares
(Chocolatier 53% Cacao Bar)
¼ cup Coach’s Oats®
½ to ¾ cup diced pecans (or nuts of your choice)
- Peel bananas and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place bananas on foil-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Grind oats in blender or food processor until broken into slightly smaller pieces, but not too tiny!
- Combine oats and pecans in bowl, mix well.
- Melt chocolate squares in microwave-safe bowl for 1 ½ minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip each one in chocolate until covered.
- Roll chocolate-covered banana in oat-nut mixture. Once covered place bananas back on baking sheet and return to freezer.
- Freeze until chocolate sets and enjoy!
Copyright © Coach's Oats, Inc.
What a great treat! I love it!