Coach’s Oats ® Golden Pumpkin Granola recipe features sweet maple granola accented with pumpkin seeds and pecans. Serve with milk, sprinkle over yogurt, or grab a handful for a satisfying snack. This recipe is best stored in a sealed container or glass jar.
2 cups Coach’s Oats®
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
Substitute honey or agave for maple syrup.
Substitute grape seed oil for olive oil.
Add golden raisins if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees with rack positioned on middle rung.
2. In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
3. Add maple syrup, oil and vanilla to dry mixture and combine until thoroughly coated.
4. Spread mixture onto rimmed baking sheet in thin layer.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Stir the mixture.
7. Bake for another 10 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
8. Add shredded coconut and stir.
9. Bake for another 10 to 15 minute, stirring every 5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool to room temperature. Stir 5 minutes after removing from oven, again at 10 minutes, and again at 15 minutes.
11. While granola dries, pan roast pumpkin seeds and pecan pieces on separate rimmed baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes.
12. Add roasted pumpkin seeds and pecan pieces to granola.
13. Continue to stir granola, pumpkin seeds, and pecan pieces until completely dry.
14. Store in airtight container or glass jar.