Coach’s Oats® oatmeal and ground flaxseed put a healthy twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. These cookies are perfectly thin and chewy, flecked with semi-sweet morsels of chocolate.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Coach’s Oats®
1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate chunks, to taste (approximately 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, add melted butter, sugar and brown sugar, and beat with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Beat eggs into wet mixture one at a time.
4. Beat in vanilla extract.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
6. Add dry mix to wet mix, combining with mixer on low speed.
7. Beat until combined, do not over mix.
8. Stir in chocolate chunks to taste.
9. Transfer tablespoons of dough to prepared baking sheet. Keep dough approximately 2 inches apart.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
11. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to racks.