Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread is simple to make with easily accessible ingredients. The bread has a similar texture to a muffin, and hosts delightful bursts of melted chocolate. It can be prepared as a wholesome dessert or a breakfast splurge. Although the bread is delicious plain, you can drizzle honey or butter and sprinkle additional cinnamon sugar on your slice.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Coach’s Oats®
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1/4-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare loaf baking dish with butter or spray.
3. In large bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In separate bowl beat butter. Add sugar and continue to beat on high for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
5. Add egg to wet mixture and combine. Do not over beat egg.
6. Add vanilla extract to wet mixture and combine.
7. Add half of the dry ingredients and combine.
8. Add buttermilk and remaining dry ingredients and combine.
9. Add in chocolate chips and combine evenly.
10. Transfer batter into prepared baking dish.
11. Bake for 40 minutes. Test with toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean.
12. Cool before cutting and serving.
If you like this oatmeal bread recipe, try our: