It’s the holiday cookie season. If you’re like us, your schedules are busy, parties are planned, and baking is on the to-do list. We’ve collected fantastic tips for baking cookies that we found in blogs, cookbooks, comments, a tweet here or there, and from experience over the years.
· Store different flavored cookies separately. Storing them together can change the flavors and textures of the cookies.
· Unless the directions specify, space cookies two inches apart on baking sheet to allow for spreading.
· Same size and shape equals even baking time.
· Heavy aluminum baking sheets create the most evenly baked cookies. Dark sheets might result in darker or burnt cookies. Insulated baking sheets may take longer to bake and cookies will not crisp.
· Bake cookies at the minimum bake time. If additional time is needed, watch them very carefully. It’s better to have a slightly under-baked cookie than an overdone one.
· Baked cookies can usually keep in a freezer for months in airtight containers or zippered bags.
Do you have any tips for baking the perfect cookie?